Welcome to Tire Trained! As a new participant here at Tire Trained you probably have questions about how to start, how this works, and how you can best succeed. My name is Amanda. I am the owner and head trainer here at Tire Trained and I am here to help you! This page should answer any and all questions you have about Tire Trained as a new participant.
The first step to joining Tire Trained is to create a Vagaro account. Vagaro is the booking system we use for participants to view & book workouts, buy packages, and more. Click the link below to get your Vagaro account started. Pay close attention to the login information you use to create your Vagaro account. Vagaro has automatic login options which can lead to dual accounts. You want to be sure you are using the same login every time for booking Tire Trained classes. This is especially important when you are a member so your class admission gets processed properly under your membership.
You do not need to buy a package to book a workout at Tire Trained but you may want to to reduce the cost per class. You can start with a package OR you can book a single session. If you are brand new to Tire Trained, I recommend booking a single session to find out if Tire Trained is right for you. We believe Tire Trained is suitable for EVERYONE but only you can decide if it is right for you. Please take a look at the session attendance options at the link below.
Tire Trained is in HIGH DEMAND, there is no doubt about that! We are continuously evaluating demand and making adjustments to bring value to Tire Trained members & participants.
If a session is full, you will see an 'ADD TO WAITLIST' option. Please use the waiting list feature. We offer a "first in line" waitlist feature to streamline class signup when a time slot is full. People cancel everyday for one reason or another. When an individual cancels their session, it opens up a spot at that particular time. When a spot opens up, the first person on the waiting list gets notified of the opening and gets a chance to sign up for that time slot. The person on the waiting list is allotted 5 minutes to sign up for the time slot before the notification moves on to the next person on the waiting list. Please keep in mind that the app will also show "1 spot left" so, because of this, it is entirely possible for someone to grab the spot on the booking app before the person in line on the waiting list. Certain times of day are in higher demand and it is important for members to familiarize themselves with the process. In addition to adding yourself to the waitlist, you may continue to check the app for open spots. If the waitlist is lengthy, it may take awhile for the waitlist notification to come to you. It never hurts to check the app for open spots while waiting for your waitlist notifcation.
Booking is allowed 5 days in advance. For example, if today is March 13 I can book as far out as March 17. The next available day (March 18 per the example) for booking will show up at midnight on the next new day (March 14 per the example). This allows for equal opportunity in booking and eliminates place holding of spots for an extended period on our schedule. Place holding is very much frowned upon. Do not book a class unless you know for sure you can commit to that time. Do not book classes 'just in case' you might feel like coming. If you cannot get a workout scheduled right now, I advise you to get on the waiting lists and then start scheduling 5 days out. You will also want to continue to check the app for available spots as people cancel classes.
Before you come in:
1) Change into a clean pair of shoes in your car before you come in. You will not be allowed to change your shoes in the studio. In an effort to stay 'Covid Clean', we need to minimize gathering at the entrances.
2) Do not bring any bags with you. You need to come to class ready. With our 'Covid Clean' sanitation requirements, you are not allowed to change your clothes at the studio.
Entering the studio:
1) When you arrive be sure to let your coach know that it is your first day. From there, your coach will give you a brief overview of where to put your things and how the class will be run that day.
2) Put your shoes, keys, and other personal belongings in ONE cubbie. If your things do not fit in one cubbie, you need to return some items to your vehicle.
3) You may place your water bottle in your cubbie or somewhere around the perimeter of the room. Some workouts are stationary and some are circuit style. You may always ask your coach for guidance with this.
4) Washing and/or sanitizing your hands is encouraged before you begin class.
5) Once your coach guides you on the class style for the day, you may find a station and wait for class to begin.
Please let your coach know it is your first time at class if they are at the desk when you walk in. Even if the coach is not at the desk, they will check you in and will approach you to meet you and answer any questions you may have right away.
You are welcome in the Tire Trained studio, just like everyone else!
Once you find your station and class begins you can expect the following:
1) Your coach will lead a brief (3-5 minute) warmup.
2) The workout style and timing will be explained to you.
3) The exercises will be demonstrated so you will have seen all exercises done at least one time before you begin.
4) After demonstration, your coach will turn the music up loud and start the timer.
5) You will proceed through the workout for 30 minutes.
6) After the workout is complete you are expected to spray your station with sanitizing spray and wipe all equipment down that you used.
7) There is a stamp given out to a particpant who stuck out to the coach during class.
8) The class will do a team chant.
9) Your coach will lead a brief cool down. We highly recommend staying for cool down to properly care for your body after a high intensity workout.
312 44th Street, Marion, Iowa 52302, United States